Sterling Accreditation > Sterling Accreditation Helpdesk > Knowledgebase

Ask a question:

Situations where an EPC is not required

Solution EPCs are not required on sale or rent for buildings due to be demolished, provided the
seller or landlord can demonstrate that:
• the building is to be sold or rented out with vacant possession
• the building is suitable for demolition and
• the resulting site is suitable for redevelopment
• all relevant planning permissions, listed building consents and conservation
area consents exist in relation to the demolition, and
• they believe, on reasonable grounds, that a prospective buyer or tenant
intends to demolish the building (e.g. on evidence of an application for
planning permission)
Additionally, in line with the removal of unnecessary gold-plating, from 9 January 2013,
the following types of buildings will not require an EPC:
• buildings and monuments officially protected as part of a designated
environment or because of special architectural or historic merit in so far as
compliance with certain energy efficiency requirements would
unacceptably alter character or appearance
• buildings used as places of worship and for religious activities
• temporary buildings with a planned time of use of two years or less
• residential buildings which are intended to be used less than four months
of the year
• stand-alone buildings with a total useful floor area of less than 50mē
Article details
Article ID: 197
Category: Energy Performance Certificates (Domestic)
Date added: 22-03-2013 09:37:40
Views: 492

<< Go back


© Copyright 2013 - Sterling Accreditation Limited, Registered in England & Wales No. 6864378