Sterling Accreditation > Sterling Accreditation Helpdesk > Knowledgebase

Ask a question:

Determining the type of EPC required

Solution Dwellings in multiple occupation

An EPC is only required for a habitable unit if it is self contained.
Where individual rooms in a building are rented out and there are shared facilities (e.g.
kitchen and/or bathroom), an EPC is not required. This is because an EPC is only
required on the rental of a building or part of a building designed or altered to be used
separately. Renting a room does not meet the ‘part of a building’ definition.
Article details
Article ID: 205
Category: Energy Performance Certificates (Domestic)
Date added: 22-03-2013 09:42:27
Views: 495

<< Go back


© Copyright 2013 - Sterling Accreditation Limited, Registered in England & Wales No. 6864378