Sterling Accreditation > Sterling Accreditation Helpdesk > Knowledgebase

Ask a question:

My building consists of both flats and non-domestic buildings, what type of EPC do I need?

Solution An EPC will be required for each dwelling and a further non-domestic EPC for the non-dwelling part or parts of the building. An EPC is only required for those dwellings or parts of the building which will be offered for lease.
Where individual parts of the non-dwelling parts of a building are designed or altered to be used separately (e.g. retail units within a shopping mall), separate EPCs may be produced for each part rather than one certificate which covers all such parts.
The benefit of this approach may depend on the complexity and subdivision of the building spaces. The assessor will provide advice on the most suitable option for the building.
Article details
Article ID: 429
Category: Scotland - Energy Performance Certificates
Date added: 03-04-2013 17:00:04
Views: 805

<< Go back


© Copyright 2013 - Sterling Accreditation Limited, Registered in England & Wales No. 6864378